Who We Are
We are a multidisciplinary team working across the University of Cambridge and other institutions around the world to deliver our objectives.
Climate change is accelerating and directly affecting life on Earth:
- Average temperatures continue to rise
- Extreme weather events are becoming more extreme and more frequent, causing floods, droughts, bushfires, and hurricanes.
- Ice caps shrink, leading to sea level rise and reducing the amount of heat reflected to space, thereby accelerating warming further.
- Crop failure from weather changes and extreme events leads to food shortages and mass migration.
- Biodiversity decreases as species cannot adapt or evolve at the current speed of environmental change.
Our mission is three fold: